You Know You Live on a Military Base When...
10 Ways You Know You Live in Military Housing
1. You have kids play in your front yard on a daily basis ... even though you don’t have any kids of your own. (Aubrianna Rumbaugh)
2. You’ve thrown your hands up and muttered, “Get a map!” when the line at the Front Gate is held up by someone asking for directions. (Babette Maxwell)
3. Your neighbor calls you “Sir,” even when you’re taking out the garbage. (Shauna Anderson Laauwe)
4. You have to stop in the middle of the street at 5 p.m. every day so people can get out and salute in the general direction of the nearest flag. (Samantha Hooper)
5. You’ve tended someone else’s vegetables in the community garden because the people who planted them have moved. (Babette Maxwell)
Sign up for the Military Spouse weekly email, and never miss out on our most popular topics.
The Four-Legged Side of Military Life
Photo Credits: Tia Johnson and Holly Hoad of Winter's Splendor Photography It’s hard to type with no opposable thumbs, but I felt like it was time someone represented the four legged side of Army l...
Our Landscape Has Changed
(photo credits: photo pin) 11 years have now passed since the morning we all watched in disbelief as we were brutally attacked on American soil. I was a fairly new military spouse on that day. We...
Are You Safe During Deployment? 15 Tips for Personal Security.
Editors Note: A special thank you to MSGT Russ Ware who helped Stacey with the information in this article. He has worked with Security Forces for over 23 years. We appreciate your contribution a...
A: My husband comes home from his first deployment soon. We have only been married a little over a year and he has been deployed most of that time.... Read more.
A: My husband is deployed and they are scheduled to be coming home soon. I keep seeing other spouses in the unit posting stuff like dates and locatio... Read more.
A: I know lots of people who hate base housing, but I really like living on base. Well, I did until my new neighbors moved in... they are driving me... Read more.
A: At what point should we let our kids have a say in whether or not we accompany their dad on his next PCS? Our children, ages 15 and 17, have really... Read more.
A: Dear Sally, My friend dumped me because my husband was promoted and hers was not, how do I deal with this? -- Rank Ruined Friendship Dear Rank Ru... Read more.