You Know You Live on a Military Base When...
10 Ways You Know You Live in Military Housing
1. You have kids play in your front yard on a daily basis ... even though you don’t have any kids of your own. (Aubrianna Rumbaugh)
2. You’ve thrown your hands up and muttered, “Get a map!” when the line at the Front Gate is held up by someone asking for directions. (Babette Maxwell)
3. Your neighbor calls you “Sir,” even when you’re taking out the garbage. (Shauna Anderson Laauwe)
4. You have to stop in the middle of the street at 5 p.m. every day so people can get out and salute in the general direction of the nearest flag. (Samantha Hooper)
5. You’ve tended someone else’s vegetables in the community garden because the people who planted them have moved. (Babette Maxwell)
Sign up for our emails & get our best articles delivered right to your inbox!
Military Kids Say the Darndest Things!
Photo Credit: Amy Davis for HeartsApart.org April is the Month of the Military Child, and we have enjoyed celebrating our nation's littlest heroes this month here at Military Spouse! We recently a...
Government Shutdown - Will Military Get Paid?
We don’t usually encourage readers to panic — but the sky just might be falling this time. If Congressional leaders don’t pass a federal budget by Monday, the federal government will shut down and...
Congress Aims to Throw Military under the Bus…Again
Update: The House of Representatives voted to pass the Bipartisan Budget Control Act of 2013. Next, it will go to the Senate sometime next week for a vote. There is still time for members of the mi...
A: My husband comes home from his first deployment soon. We have only been married a little over a year and he has been deployed most of that time.... Read more.
A: My husband is deployed and they are scheduled to be coming home soon. I keep seeing other spouses in the unit posting stuff like dates and locatio... Read more.
A: I know lots of people who hate base housing, but I really like living on base. Well, I did until my new neighbors moved in... they are driving me... Read more.
A: At what point should we let our kids have a say in whether or not we accompany their dad on his next PCS? Our children, ages 15 and 17, have really... Read more.
A: Dear Sally, My friend dumped me because my husband was promoted and hers was not, how do I deal with this? -- Rank Ruined Friendship Dear Rank Ru... Read more.