35 Things Military Spouses NEVER Say
Oh there are a ton of these lists circulating around the internet, we know. And we are pretty fond of a good Top Ten list here at Military Spouse. But get a few seasoned spouses who are able to laugh at all the crazy, wonderful things we sometimes encounter in this lifestyle together, and, well… we can top a Top Ten any day of the week! So, without further ado, we introduce to you a list that will have you laughing in more cute acronyms you can think of. Enjoy, and then share… and perhaps add a few of your own…
35 Things Military Spouses NEVER Say!
35) Here is my social security number.
34) You broke my grandmothers china? That’s ok I wanted to get rid of it anyway.
33) Having a baby alone is an awesome adventure.
32) Of course your mother can have the first kiss!
31) Your deployment was extended by three months? That’s great news!
30) We are moving and I can’t graduate? I didn’t want these credits to count anyway.
29) So glad the pharmacy is packed, I wanted to read the Hunger Games trilogy today.
28) I love going to the commissary on pay day.
27) I feel bad, because we get paid so much!
26) I’ve gotten a PhD, started my own business, birthed 2 kids alone, survived 10 deployments, made 12 PCS moves and can overhaul the engines on both cars… I love being called a “dependant”!
Sign up for our emails & get our best articles delivered right to your inbox!
Freedom Furniture Presents: Top Ten Travel Destinations For Military Families
The holiday season hopefully brings gifts of good tidings and celebrations with your nearest and dearest. It is also one of the biggest travel times of the year! Whether you are looking for a week...
35 Things You are Sure to Find in Every Military Home
(Contributing Writers: Morgan Slade, Erin Whitehead, Monica Pugh, Clarice Williams, Stacy Huisman, Beth Garland, Lucha Reyna, Samantha Dean, Tia Johnson, Jen McDonald, Kate Dolack, Cyndia Rios-Myer...
Military Spouses Giving Back: Military Spouse Behavioral Health Clinicians
As military spouses, we are keenly aware of just how much our community has endured since the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan -- and even before then. Our service members and families live with the af...
A: My husband comes home from his first deployment soon. We have only been married a little over a year and he has been deployed most of that time.... Read more.
A: My husband is deployed and they are scheduled to be coming home soon. I keep seeing other spouses in the unit posting stuff like dates and locatio... Read more.
A: I know lots of people who hate base housing, but I really like living on base. Well, I did until my new neighbors moved in... they are driving me... Read more.
A: At what point should we let our kids have a say in whether or not we accompany their dad on his next PCS? Our children, ages 15 and 17, have really... Read more.
A: Dear Sally, My friend dumped me because my husband was promoted and hers was not, how do I deal with this? -- Rank Ruined Friendship Dear Rank Ru... Read more.