By Yaroslav Opalynski
In today’s digital age, virtual careers in technology have become a promising avenue for military spouses seeking fulfilling and flexible work opportunities. The rise of remote work has created a convergence between virtual tech jobs and the military lifestyle. Below, we delve into the increasing prevalence of remote technology careers, and we provide valuable resources and tips for military spouses to acquire relevant skills and successfully find remote tech opportunities.
Exploring Remote Tech Job Options:
- Web Design: With an eye for aesthetics and knowledge of design principles, military spouses can learn HTML, CSS, and other web development tools. Remote web designers collaborate with clients to create visually appealing and functional websites.
- Digital Marketing: Military spouses can acquire skills in social media management, content creation, SEO, and digital advertising through online courses and certifications. Remote digital marketers help businesses establish a strong online presence and drive customer engagement.
Valuable Resources and Tips for Finding Remote Work:
- A no-cost mentorship through American Corporate Partners is an invaluable first step for any military spouse interested in beginning or advancing a career in the tech industry. Spouses of active-duty service members can apply here to begin the process of being personally matched with a mentor who aligns with your goals.
- Military Spouse Employment Partnership (MSEP) connects military spouses with employment opportunities, including tech firms. Visit their website to explore available positions and access career resources.
- Blue Star Families supports military families, providing resources such as career development programs and job boards tailored for military spouses.
- Virtual Military Spouse Symposium (VMSS) is an annual virtual event that provides insights, resources, and networking opportunities for remote careers. Keep an eye out for upcoming VMSS events and registration details.
- ACT NOW provides support and resources for individuals looking to build their tech skill set, offering guidance and opportunities to enter the tech industry.
Remember to also leverage general remote job platforms like LinkedIn, Indeed, and Remote.co, as they often have dedicated sections or filters for remote positions. Additionally, joining military spouse Facebook groups or online forums can provide valuable insights and connections within the military community. As the world becomes increasingly connected, virtual opportunities in technology continue to expand, empowering military spouses to contribute to their family’s financial well-being while finding professional fulfillment and personal growth. With determination, resourcefulness, and a commitment to lifelong learning, military spouses can build successful careers in the exciting world of remote tech, making a meaningful impact in the tech industry regardless of their location. Embracing these opportunities allows them to find balance, stability, and a renewed sense of purpose while navigating the challenges of the military lifestyle