The weather is beautiful and we want to enjoy it while we can. If you or anyone in your family has seasonal allergies, here are some tips that may help you when you travel.
Summer is the busiest time of year for family travel. If you’re traveling with a baby or a toddler , MerckEngage has some tips that can help you travel safely. If you’re traveling with senior citizens, we have some helpful tips. If you or anyone in your family has type 2 diabetes, it’s important to plan ahead. We have ideas that may help.
Learn all you can about sun care. Being exposed to the sun now can increase a person’s chances of developing skin cancer or skin damage later.
That’s why it’s important to protect yourself from the sun.
- Wear sunscreen with an SPF of 15 or higher every day, even on cloudy days.
- Use a sunscreen that blocks both UVA rays and UVB rays.
- Reapply sunscreen every 1½ to 2 hours. Also reapply it after you sweat or go swimming, even if the label says it’s sweatproof or waterproof.
- Some medicines, such as acne medicines and birth control pills, can make you more sensitive to the sun. Ask your doctor about any medicines you take.
- Wear a hat to protect your face. Wear sunglasses to protect your eyes.
Whether you’re going on a vacation or “staycation” you can enjoy some terrific summertime recipes with this limited time summer cookbook! Enjoy!
For more like this, visit our Health page on Militaryspouse.com!