From advice to events to products and services, at Military Spouse we are all about connecting you with the things you love. MilSpouse: Life is devoted to the products and services military spouses enjoy as a part of their everyday life.
We’ll take a behind the scenes look at some of the stuff we love, plus explore how these things make our lives easier.
Here’s what you told us were some of your absolute favorite things to LOVE when it comes to PCS moves:
- Ziplock storage bags. From underwear to jewelry to the junk drawer, Ziplock storage bags are essential to any military move. Big brown boxes full of packing paper mean lots of chances for little stuff to get lost. Enter: the Ziplock storage bag. They are also essential for oils, spices, and beauty supplies that you want the movers to move without complaint.
- Huggies Natural Care Clutch and Clean. Baby wipes. They aren’t just for your baby. They are also handy for a quick wipe down of the dashboard (or your own face), plus they help with spills and meltdowns. Clean up on minivan aisle 1!
- Caribu. It’s an app for kids that helps you stay connected when life makes you feel not so connected. Caribu lets you video call and read together. Anywhere. And it’s free if you are military! BONUS!
- Dash Rapid Egg Cooker. Love your eggs but moving has you thinking the microwave is the only option? Enter the compact egg cooker! This handy device is for everyone who is sick of making cereal and microwave oatmeal during long pre-move-in hotel stay. We tested it – and loved it (and the cool colors – extra awesome).
- Nalgene Water Bottles. From the hotel to the car to the park at your new home, bottled water doesn’t need to be bad for the environment when you have a reusable bottle! Keeping hydrated will keep you in a better mood during a move. Trust us! And there’s a style for every mom, dad and kid in your mil-fam.
- Method All-Purpose. Few people like to clean so why not use some nice smelling, cool color, planet-friendly cleaners when it’s time to freshen up your base housing or new rental. It’s clean and it’s green, and you’ll want to leave this bottle on the counter after you finish.
- Daily Burn. It’s hard to stay fit on the road but having an online fitness buddy helps. And these workouts typically don’t require any equipment! So if housing has you waiting in a hotel (or with your parents!), don’t worry about mapping a running route. Log-in and start sweating!
- Scout Bags. We are seriously ga-ga over these bags. They are wipeable! Yes. Seriously. And that means they go with us everywhere including being our go-to bag for stuff in the car during a move. Room for all of the iPads and Barbies and green Army men in your life. Our favorite family bag? This ONE.
- Kind Bars. We just kinda love this stuff! Throw some bars in your bag and when the movers are unpacking and you’re stuck unwrapping, pull one out so the tired doesn’t get the best of you.
- I Spy License Plates Travel Game. No matter how near or far your new home may be, it’s fun to look up from the electronics and see what’s going by on your way. While a simple piece of paper will do, these game boards are much easier for littler kids. Want a classic? Try these too!
Want to learn more about MilSpouse: Life? Connect with us at [email protected]