It’s National Coffee Day!
That means somewhere, if you look in the right places, you can score a free or discounted cup of joe.
Need more convincing?
Coffee, it brings us all together.
It makes Monday Mornings bearable.
It warms souls and brings smiles to faces.
It is common ground between the classy…
and the not so classy…
Wherever you are and however you’re feeling today, run out and get yourself one of these coffee freebies. Or visit them all and stay over-caffeinated for the whole day! Hey, it’s only once a year, right?
- Dunkin’ Donuts: free coffee just for showing up!
- Peet’s Coffee & Tea: free cup with any bakery item purchase
- Krispy Kreme: with your free coffee you also get a free glazed donut…ah!
- LaMar’s Donuts: with your coffee, you also get a free mug!
- Sheetz: free cup of coffee
- Pilot & Flying J: free coffee OR cappuccino with this coupon
- Whole Foods: coffee is only 25 cents today!
For every cup of coffee sold in their stores, Caribou will donate a cup of coffee to nurses and families in places where children and families are fighting childhood cancer.
Starbucks may have the most unique take on the day – They say, “But first, coffee trees.” For every bag of coffee sold, Starbucks will donate a coffee tree to a farm in need. This effort:
“…aims to alleviate a twofold problem for coffee farmers: aging trees and a fungus called “coffee rust” that slows or kills production of coffee cherries. The company said this has gutted coffee production by 50% in some areas and is particularly bad in Guatemala, El Salvador and also Mexico.”
Starbucks is cutting straight to the “root” of the problem so we can have coffee forever and ever.
Sip away, friends!