If you are your family’s chief entertainment officer, be sure to read this… If your budget is tight but you want to celebrate a big occasion or just need a night out or want to organize the next family outing, then check us out!
We are Veteran Tickets Foundation (Vet Tix), a national nonprofit providing free event tickets to veterans of all eras, currently serving military (including Guard and Reserves), families of those killed-in-action, and caregivers of Vet Tixers. Since 2008, our membership has grown to 1 million strong and we have distributed over 5.3 million free tickets to sporting events, concerts, performing arts, family activities, and more across the nation.
The purpose of these events is to reduce stress, strengthen family bonds, create positive memories, and encourage Vet Tixers to stay engaged with the communities they serve by providing affordable access to events.
Here are the 7 things YOU need to do to receive tickets:
- Sign up for free at www.vettix.org.
- Verify your eligibility through ID.me (Note: They also verify military spouses; however, the service member or veteran needs to be the one verified for a Vet Tix account)
- Once verified, you select what events interest you.
- Select the distance you are willing to travel to attend events.
- You will then begin to receive daily emails with opportunities to receive tickets in your area.
- All requests are filtered through the site’s online system, and at times you may go through a lottery for sought after/high-demand events.
- If you’re selected, you will be notified via email and then asked to pay a small transaction fee to claim the tickets. That nominal fee is per transaction and not per ticket. From there, you and your family could be attending events such as major sporting events like NCAA bowl games, or concerts like Beyoncé and Jay-Z, Taylor Swift or Kenny Chesney, or family events like monster trucks or Disney on Ice.
But, you must sign up! Sound too good to be true? Our website has over 300,000 testimonials that attest to the power of community and the family connection we deliver on.